Monday, April 29, 2013

A Moment of Weakness

I have been doing so well with my diet but, over the weekend, I had a moment of weakness that turned out to be a real eye opener.

I ate dinner pretty early on Friday and then went out to celebrate a friend's birthday at the bars.  By the time I left to head home, it was already almost 2:00 a.m. and I was absolutely starving!  My boyfriend mentioned that he was pretty hungry too and that's when the weakness hit.  We would always stop at taco bell after a night out drinking and we decided that one time would be okay.  Besides, we would just get up and go work out in the morning to get rid of everything we ate so it would have no effect... not so true.

I woke up the next morning and felt TERRIBLE.  My stomach was upset and I just generally did not feel well.  We went to the park and worked out, but my stomach still felt a little weird.

I used to eat at taco bell in the middle of the night all the time.  Yes, I would feel gross the next day, but I didn't blame it on my late night fast food run because I was always feeling gross.  But, after 3 full weeks of eating healthy and working hard to get my meals on a schedule, I really felt the difference this late night snack made.

While it made me feel horrible and I regret giving in to the deliciousness that is a taco bell bean burrito, I am glad that I now understand the effect that just one bad meal can have on your body and your digestive system.  I will most definitely not be having a midnight run through a drive again!


No comments:

Post a Comment